IoT in the home – saves time and money
Utilizing the Internet of things (IoT) technology, Essence Smart Living platform has enabled service providers worldwide to deliver and enhance people’s lives.
This issue is dedicated to analyzing consumers’ usage of their IoT-based connected home services bringing interesting insights on IoT benefits to people’s day to day lives around the world*.
IoT-based connected home systems enable people to act remotely as if they were physically at home:
- Security & Safety– IoT gives people the freedom to know their loved ones are “safe and sound”: 62% of users use the IoT Smart Living platform to remotely manage their home alarms using their smartphone 1 in 5 people interact with their home system three times a day, mostly for home security.
- Remote home management – “Being home without being AT home”: 72% of households using WeR@HomeTMuse cameras with motion detectors to trigger short videos for a variety of use cases:
- Making sure their children have returned home safely.
- Look-in capability In order to check in on their children and pets.
- Getting a video alert when the front door opens – to know who arrived home at specific times.
- Visual verification on smartphone upon smoke detection alert.
The conclusion is that people don’t only need to know what’s going on in their homes when they’re away – they need to see it.
- The IoT enables people to adapt the system to their daily livesadding devices and using rules:
51% of users do not install only the basic kit offered by the service provider, and expanded with an average of 3 more devices: cameras, and motion detectors.
The WeR@Home™ solution allows consumers to go through their daily routine without stress or losing time.
*Based on a sample of 500 households.
Easy Related Posts
Insurance Companies Set Sights on Connected Home Solutions
Arguably, mainstream consumers are yet to fully grasp the value of certain aspects of the ...read more
Age Plays a Role in Consumer Expectations about Connected Home Technologies
According to a Gartner report, by 2022 a typical family could own more than 500 ...read more
Connected Home Tech Brings Security and Convenience Together
Much has been written about how new connected home technologies have blurred the barriers between ...read more
Traditional Security Providers are Expanding into Connected Home Solutions, and With Good Reason
While only about 25% of U.S. households have a professionally monitored security system installed, over ...read more